Keeping your home and business warm this winter.
While the weather forecast may be hot and sunny right now, we can easily forget that the winter months are right around the corner. During the colder months, heaters act as saviors from the harsh temperatures. However, what happens when your heater isn’t working and the temperatures begin to drop?
“We have worked with residents and business owners to help them find the best and most cost-effective methods for keeping their properties warm,” said Harvey Stoller, President of Airdex Inc., a leading HVAC service company. “Instead of waiting until winter, we recommend checking these heating units much in advance to make sure that you’re not left in the cold.”
Providing families with utilities solutions since 1949, Mr. Stoller suggests the following ways to prepare your home and business this winter.
- Check your furnace before it gets cold to make sure it’s working properly.
- Make sure your heating source starts. An easy way to prep for winter is to check your boiler. Many people do not check it beforehand and find their systems will not turn on in the winter. Test your device once or twice before it’s too cold.
- Replace the air filter if needed. Your furnace filter should be replaced or cleaned every two months. It should never have dust or other debris inside.
- Check that your heating vents aren’t blocked. As the year goes by, you may bring new furniture and other items into your homes and place them in front of heating vents without realizing it. Make sure the heat is not being blocked from entering your home and double check that your vents are clear.
- Look into a high-efficiency unit. If your heating/cooling unit is 15 years or older, then this is the perfect time to look into acquiring a new high-efficiency heating/cooling unit for your home. You may even be eligible for utility rebates that can lead to a 15% reduction in operational costs.
“Many heating unit issues can be repaired with proper maintenance,” added Mr. Stoller. “The sooner you contact a professional, the better off you are in the winter.”
Airdex Inc. is a leading HVAC service provider with more than 60 years of experience. Airdex services air-conditioning, chillers, computer room units, boilers, heating and refrigeration systems in Manhattan, the Five Boroughs of New York City, and the New Jersey area. To learn more about Airdex Inc., please visit http://www.airdexinc.com/.